Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 19th   #1
MadPSIentist
MadPSIentist
has ALL THE STATUS.

2008 DGM STi <53k, stock and SUPER clean

All,
The time has come for me to pass my 2nd Impreza along to another enthusiast and take another hiatus from the Subaru community. Iíve recently become a homeowner, making a small pickup a more practical daily driver, and my MR2 turbo is keeping me happy from a weekend excitement standpoint.

As the title states, the car is a VERY clean STOCK 2008 Dark Gray Metallic STi with silver BBS and just shy of 53k miles (read: existing powertrain warranty). This has been my fun daily commuter for the last 2 years. The first owner was an engineering professor at University of Illinois. I am the second owner, and a Toyota powertrain production engineer. Rest assured that this car has been very well maintained.
-Engine oil changed every 5k with Shell Rotella T6, OEM Subaru filter and new drain plug crush washer. No noticeable oil consumption.
-Coolant reservoir hose TSB performed at 36k, no coolant loss.
-Air filter and plugs replaced with OEM at 40k.
-Compression tested during plug change. Well within spec, can provide exact results if desired.
-Mechanical fuel pressure fix installed to remedy common GR 2400-3200rpm ďstumbleĒ
-Dunlop DZ101 tires rotated across car at 48k to balance shoulder wear. Some treadwear remaining, but will likely need replacement within 5k miles or so.
-New Stoptech F&R pads (not yet installed, included with sale).
-No accidents, clean CARFAX (can provide VIN on request).

I would say the car has less than average wear and tear and is in excellent condition for its age. Recently claybarred, DA polished, and waxed. Minor cosmetic mods can be seen in the pics below: JDM R205 side badges (stock chrome will be provided with car), í06 cherry blossom on black front and rear badges, blacked out fog trim and grille with RA-R style cherry blossom vinyl stripe.

I ran out of daylight to get interior pics, the only interior mod is 3M Di-NOC gloss carbon wrap on the dash trim. Iíll upload some interior shots to the album later in the week.

Iím asking $24.5k, somewhat negotiable. Car is currently garaged in Huntsville. Mileage will not increase significantly as Iím now driving my Tacoma lease. If any potential buyers would like to check out the car, I can meet most evenings and weekends. I'd be happy to let you look over the car for yourself and ride shotgun around various roads. If you'd like to give it a shakedown yourself, though, I need to see a check. I'm not willing to risk damage to the car by someone who may not have the means to buy it.

Aftermarket options that can be negotiated with sale (stock parts will be installed on car at time of sale):
-Borla catback, used 30k miles, have original purchase paperwork.
-Clarion CX609 stereo with JDM nav trim panel, steering wheel interface, XM module, and fully plug n play harness.

Please contact me with any questions, thanks for looking!

~Jack
MadPSIentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This is one the nicest Subies I've had the privilege of riding in.

How much would you ask for it with the exhaust and stereo?
Old March 20th   #3
MadPSIentist
MadPSIentist
has ALL THE STATUS.

Thanks for the kind words, Samir!

I'd probably package it all together at $25k. At the time I purchased it, the Borla was a $1300 system. I haven't taken it off yet, would be willing to leave it installed for a local buyer. For anyone further away I would need to put the stocker back on as it won't break down into small enough pieces to fit IN the car, where the Borla will. Including the extras would tend to reduce my range of flexibility on asking price a bit, though.

Last edited by MadPSIentist; March 20th at 04:23 AM.
Old March 20th   #4
dmcmahan12
dmcmahan12
Nissan power now!!!

Bump for a very clean well taken care of car. Good luck Jack.
dmcmahan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadPSIentist View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Samir!

I'd probably package it all together at $25k. At the time I purchased it, the Borla was a $1300 system. I haven't taken it off yet, would be willing to leave it installed for a local buyer. For anyone further away I would need to put the stocker back on as it won't break down into small enough pieces to fit IN the car, where the Borla will. Including the extras would tend to reduce my range of flexibility on asking price a bit, though.
You're welcome! I wish my wife would hurry and get her license so we can start the car shopping process! Everyone's selling nice stuff!

I hope you find someone that will just love the car as it is, and have a friend with a pickup truck for the stock exhaust.
Old March 20th   #6
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

Vouch for Jack, a good friend and all around standup guy!
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #7
dmcmahan12
dmcmahan12
Nissan power now!!!

I can also vouch that this car has never been modified then returned to stock. The only performance mod that I know he did was the Borla catback exhaust system. If somebody is looking for well maintained car here you go.
dmcmahan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #8
MadPSIentist
MadPSIentist
has ALL THE STATUS.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm a bit surpised, had the car posted on just a few enthusiast forums for around 24 hours, and I already have a pretty firm buyer (serious enough to be booking a 1-way flight from Minneapolis). Talked to the guy for a couple hours tonight and it sounds like my baby would be going to a good home. We'll see if this pans out.
Old March 20th   #9
MadPSIentist
MadPSIentist
has ALL THE STATUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan12 View Post
I can also vouch that this car has never been modified then returned to stock. The only performance mod that I know he did was the Borla catback exhaust system. If somebody is looking for well maintained car here you go.
Thanks Dana, and speaking of the Borla lol, it will probably be for sale locally. For the price the potential buyer and I have settled on, I told him I could include either the Borla or the extra (curbed) set of BBS wheels, and he opted for the wheels to mount snow tires. That of course is assuming the sale goes to plan. But if any local STi hatch owners are looking for a nice catback, I might know where you can find one
Old March 21st   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Glad to hear it's set to go to a new home. And I'm sure you'll find a buyer for that exhaust. There's a lot of Subies in town!
Old April 8th   #11
MadPSIentist
MadPSIentist
has ALL THE STATUS.

Happy to report that everything went very smoothly and the car is sold. Thanks to all who commented. Samir, you can delete the thread if you want.