Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Ardmore Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
LastChance  
August 10th 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Barnes City Park

The 2013 Ardmore Car Show is gearing up again for another year of fun and prizes.

This year our Grand Prize will be a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire! This is a neat little two door roadster and the thing will fly. Make sure everyone gets pre-entered so that you can have a better chance to win.

Also Snap-On is on board with us by giving us another high quality tool box for some lucky participant valued at over 4K!!

Do not forget the cash prizes and I am sure that we will come up with some other cool door prizes along with the cash that we will give away every ten minutes starting at 10:00 a.m.!!!

Do not forget to buy some 50/50 tickets as last years pull for some lucky person was over $3200!!!!!

Also this year with the assistance of Paul Davis Restoration, we will be providing the great entertainment of "FlipSide". A Great Band!!!

There will be the plenty of shade, food, and kid activities all day.

Come early so you can get a great spot as we allow cars to come in as early as 3:00 a.m. in the morning and not to mention the ones that camp out the night before.

Please contact me by email for a copy of the flyer @ rwilloughby@carolinahandling.com or 2059082677 cell for more info.

Thanks for all the HCS help from Samir and also the whole group who attend.

Thank you.
13 members will be attending this event:

Old July 14th   #2
LastChance
LastChance

The new website is up and running www.ardmorecarshow.com

Also like on facebook and get a chance to win cash and swag before the shop. Look forward to seeing everyone soon!!!

Thanks,

Rodney
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #3
Eagle Freek
Eagle Freek
has no status.

Is the show still going on this Saturday? Worried that the park will be a big mud pit after all this rain.
Eagle Freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I think it'll be ok considering most of it is grass, but yes it's still going on.
Old August 8th   #5
Eagle Freek
Eagle Freek
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I think it'll be ok considering most of it is grass, but yes it's still going on.
I hope so. Under TN/AL grass is usually a clay soil which is as slippery as grease. Won't matter to me, 4x4 and 35" tires. I'll bring my recovery gear to do some pulling just in case.

In the videos below, everyone drove to the parking area when it was dry. There was about 15 minutes of rain and it became a problem for most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkCEaBI-LMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdpWXna0JA

Last edited by Eagle Freek; August 8th at 07:32 AM.
Old August 8th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Well hopefully we won't have that issue. I'm sure they will come up with something considering it's one of the largest (if not the largest) shows in the area.
Old August 9th   #7
Luther Grimace
Luther Grimace
has no status.

Do you have to be present to win the prizes?
Luther Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Grimace View Post
Do you have to be present to win the prizes?
I'm pretty sure they draw prizes until there is a winner. Especially for the big ones, I could be wrong though.
Old August 9th   #9
Eagle Freek
Eagle Freek
has no status.

According to the car show's website, you have to be present to win. I emailed them yesterday and they said everything is going on as planned.
Old August 9th   #10
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

Just dropped my ride off and those folks are busting tail right now to put this show on and here is your ground check its fine were u park only little wet some on little gravel road leading to parking area
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th   #11
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

A few pics of the great turnout for this 2013 event. Had a super time!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckmp...7635020051286/
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

thanks for sharing .. sadly i did not go .. i do believe i am getting burned out even though i still love my stuff ..i have`nt been to hardly anything the last few years ...
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Had a good time. Didn't win any door prizes sadly. Getting in was pretty rough, I drug my front valence and headers for a good 50 ft. on gravel. Luckily they had it a 100x better when I left.
Old August 12th   #14
LastChance
LastChance

Sorry guys for not posting on here and giving updates. Thanks to those that did, I really appreciate it.

I apologize for the condition of the park when the start started , we fought over 10 inches of rain during the week leading up to the show but we tried our best to get it going. There was a tons of additional help that came in and helped out. A special thanks to them.

A very special thanks to those that attended from HCS!! It was a super turnout and still big. We gave away over 20K in cash and prizes and had some potential sponsors attend that are considering pumping in some big money for the show. So that means bigger cash giveaways and bigger door prizes, we hope.

Just to make sure that everyone understands that all the money that is made on the show does not just go to our football program. We reward any local organization that assists with the show. That means we help out local booster clubs, Boys and Girls Club, Cheerleaders, softball, and the High School Band. Most people think that we are strictly geared for football but that is not true. We also give scholarships to non athletes if they qualify for college and do not have the funds to attend that is where we step in. We want all kids to have every opportunity to participate in any function that they want to do. We hope by being in some sort of group or organization that they may be exposed to role models and learn some traits and behaviors to make them successful later in life.

With that being said again thanks to all who attended and volunteered this year.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #15
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Great show guys!!!! We enjoyed it
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #16
mailman
mailman
uses spellcheck to avoid looking stupid

Anyone else have any photos to post? Over a thousand cars and I forgot to take my camera..
Old August 13th   #17
Malkier
Malkier
has no status.

Wipers work

Definitely a great show. 4 years in a row. Had to bug out about 1300 because my kid was 'melting' but good news is that my wipers work. Car hadn't seen rain in several years and I hit a downpour on 53 just south of Jeff Road.
Old August 14th   #18
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75

Just click on the link above and look under recent event coverage!

I have some on Showstopperz Facebook page as well.

I didn't get to cover NEAR as much as I had wanted because my wife who normally helps me cover shows was at home with our newborn daughter. I did the best I could, and finally went to the top of the hill to try to shoot some vehicles on their way out. It was a GREAT day for a show, and the turnout was amazing!
Old August 19th   #19
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChance View Post
Sorry guys for not posting on here and giving updates. Thanks to those that did, I really appreciate it.

I apologize for the condition of the park when the start started , we fought over 10 inches of rain during the week leading up to the show but we tried our best to get it going. There was a tons of additional help that came in and helped out. A special thanks to them.

A very special thanks to those that attended from HCS!! It was a super turnout and still big. We gave away over 20K in cash and prizes and had some potential sponsors attend that are considering pumping in some big money for the show. So that means bigger cash giveaways and bigger door prizes, we hope.

Just to make sure that everyone understands that all the money that is made on the show does not just go to our football program. We reward any local organization that assists with the show. That means we help out local booster clubs, Boys and Girls Club, Cheerleaders, softball, and the High School Band. Most people think that we are strictly geared for football but that is not true. We also give scholarships to non athletes if they qualify for college and do not have the funds to attend that is where we step in. We want all kids to have every opportunity to participate in any function that they want to do. We hope by being in some sort of group or organization that they may be exposed to role models and learn some traits and behaviors to make them successful later in life.

With that being said again thanks to all who attended and volunteered this year.
I think that a entry fee of 20 dollars is to low for a show like this.. I would suggest that you raise to 30 dollars. After all its not for profit and any one who has a car entered in this show could afford 30 dollars. If not go to 25..
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th   #20
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

No Thanks
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote