Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Landers mclarty charity car show
Calendar: Events Calendar
landersdcjfshsv  
July 20th 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep - 6533 University Drive Huntsville AL 35806
Contact: Kristian Chesser 256-830-6450 ext 357

The Landers McLarty 5th Annual Charity Car Show will be held from 8am - 1pm on Saturday, July 20th, 2013!

All funds raised this year will go to St. Jude Children's Hospital in memory of our employee's son who passed away this year from cancer at age 5. Any participation in this event will be appreciated!

The event will feature the car show along with: a Wheel of Fortune to win prizes including up to $100!, Door Prizes, Star Wars 501st Legion 'Vaders Fist', Face Painting, a castle bounce, FREE FOOD & DRINKS and SO MUCH MORE!

Car Show Entry Fee: $20 - the 1st 25 participants will receive a Car Wash Kit!

Judged Categories are:
1. All vehicles 1962 & Earlier
2. Vehicles 1963 & Later in each of the following:
Chrysler
Ford
GM
Corvettes
Street Rods
Trucks
Import
Muscle Cars
3. Off Road Vehicles
4. Motorcycles
5. Show Only

Trophies will be awarded to 1st & 2nd place!

Pre-registration is not required but if you would like to confirm your attendance please email kchesser@landerscorp.com or call 256-830-6450.

We hope to see you there!
5 members will be attending this event:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 21st   #21
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,828
Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtCobra View Post
And Jay, the reason you are on this thread was to state that the reason you didn't enter the Landers show was because of the way they judged certain vehicles, but when I basically said the same thing about Jeff's show you defended your friend. What's the difference? I feel the same about jeffs as you do landers, so it shouldn't matter just because it happens to be someone you know that won it.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I didn't enter the LM show, but I still supported it. There are a LOT of shows that are put on locally and regionally that I don't necessarily agree with their judging methods, but I still support them all and honestly don't care about winning another trophy. Also, it doesn't matter whether I know the person or not. I simply defended the position because she's there every month, and every time I personally see the car something is different or new on it. (I usually see it once a month or every other month).

Here's what I take away from Jeff's show: He presents trophies to the people that support his show on a regular basis. Lauren (the girl that owns the charger) is there every month because she lives pretty much across the street and she's off of work. Of course some of the same cars win at Jeff's because they're the same cars that go there every month, and as I said, there really isn't a large turnout for Jeff's show. Of course with there being a small turnout, and some of the same cars coming month to month, people are going to win back to back months. The difference between this and the LM show is that the LM show is ANNUAL, where Jeff's is monthly. On top of that, with it being a car dealership putting on the show, it is assumed that they should know what they are doing when judging a car show. If they just wanted a bunch of stock cars they should have advertised it as a production car show...not an open one.

I've been building and showing the same truck for 6 years. Dre has built and shown his Magnum from the ground up, and Lauren bought and is still building her's. It took me 2 years before I won my first trophy with the first truck I built and I entered a car show every week during the season. Didn't you just buy your Cobra a couple of months ago? My point is, you can't just buy a car, throw it in a show and expect to hog all the trophies without doing something to the car - if that's what you choose to do with it. Not knocking Mustangs, but there are a LOT of mustangs. They're all pretty much the same, unfortunately, with the exception of some engine mods. Mustangs are supposed to be horsepower cars, not necessarily show cars. If you don't intend on modifying it for show, then maybe car shows aren't where you need to bring it. Not trying to be an ass, but that's what it sounds like you're saying. You bought a car, you entered it in 3 or 4 shows, and you haven't won anything with it so you bash the show. You did it on facebook about my A&W show in June that I was actually out of town during, but my wife was there putting it on with the help of some friends. Don't be "that guy" that no one can stand at a car show. Build your's and your car's reputation on the local show scene the right way. A lot of these people have been doing these shows for many years and know each other pretty well. They don't get pissed if they don't win a trophy, and they show up to the next car show with a clean slate. Whether they win one or not, they still support the show because without the participants there is no show. If there's no show then the scene will die out. I put on as many shows as I do to give people a place to enjoy a good time and display their vehicles with other like-minded auto enthusiasts. I make little to no money putting the shows on because between award costs and fuel costs...most times it costs me money to put on a show. The venues most certainly don't invest any money into the shows.

With all that said, I can guarantee you a trophy at EVERY car show I put on. Just let me know that you'll be coming a week ahead of time. I'll just need $15 when you get to the show, but it'll be a trophy with a customized plaque with your name on it.

Here's a show mustang built by a guy that I believe is still local, but he doesn't bring it out to much except for large scale shows:
__________________
Cheap first, expensive later. Do it right the first time, idiot. - My Grandmother
www.showstopperz.net
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #22
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,828
Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
You bashed the 302 show, too. That's just what I have seen without trying to look. These local shows are apparently doing something to stay around since they've been going on for 10+ years. From what it looks like, the problem might not lie with the shows you're targeting. Just sayin'.
__________________
Cheap first, expensive later. Do it right the first time, idiot. - My Grandmother
www.showstopperz.net
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #23
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
First off I don't need you to guarantee me a trophy at any of your shows, I've already gotten a few in the past anyway. Second off yeah I did just buy my mustang a few months ago, and have done different things to it almost every other week, or as money allowed. We've all been going to jeff's shows and supporting them for awhile now, I know for a fact that I've been over the years probably 7 or 8 times, and have already been to both so far this year, because I believe in supporting local shows as well. Actually I have already gotten a trophy with my car, in the second show I ever entered it in as a matter of fact. I'm not sure where you get off acting like your the car show god or whatever, but maybe your memory is a little foggy, because I've been involved with shows around here in one way or another since I was old enough to drive, and I'm 33 now, so that's what 17 years. I don't think I need any advice on what I need to do with my car, I've got a wall of trophies just like you do to show I know what I'm doing. I'm not trying to be "that guy" either, as a matter of fact I try to not be like that at any costs, but your opinion is no more important than mine. You say your not trying to be an ass but I can't tell....your little comment about the trophy isn't necessary. Don't let your ego get a little too big for you, we've always been cool but if u want to meet and talk about it pm me or hit me up on Facebook and we can talk in person if there's a problem. You know me better than that. I don't go around starting stuff with anyone, I think I'm a pretty laid back person, but you of all people aren't gonna disrespect me as I have not intentionally disrespected you. I'm not sure why u think you've got the town cornered in the car show scene, but you don't. The mopar club put on a few shows last year that had twice as many cars as any of the a&w shows that I have been too. I don't need a picture of some guys mustang either, I've had 7 of them over the years, have shown 3 of them, and won several trophies with all 3. You are not the most well liked person in the scene as you might think, but even after that I still told some people that u were a decent guy, and that I had never had anything bad to say about you, but maybe I was wrong, I'm not really sure what to think right now. I didn't buy my car expecting to "hog" trophies as you put it. Most people don't look at it as anything other than just a mustang, not realizing how rare it actually is. I will repeat one more time that I truly don't go for trophies, but I will always state my opinion when it comes to the same people winning over and over. I don't get pissed at not winning a trophy, I do however have a problem when I see the same 5 people every show win something. There were far more people at most of the shows back years ago than attend now, I can think of about 8 or 10 people right off hand that don't attend any more because of all the favoritism that's been going on in the local scene, that's why I mostly go to out of town shows where no one knows who u are, and you actually get a fair shot at least most of the time. Of course your gonna defend your little friends, because they support your club, and as long as you've known me, I've always went solo without being in a club. It's funny to me that you trashed the landers show, but got all butthurt when I had the same thing to say about favoritism at other shows. Sorry but your opinion is no more important than mine, and we can leave it at that. Your just stating your opinion and that's cool, but if you wanna try and make me "that guy" as u said, then go ahead. I don't play that game though, and Im not gonna go around bashing u or your club. We can be cool or not speak the next time I see u...doesn't matter to me, but please stop acting like your the car club god around here, because if there's anyone that knows just as many or more people in the car scene around here it's me. Take care
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #24
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor
 
Beckham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,517
Send a message via AIM to Beckham
This is why I only do cruise in's or meets.
__________________
www.TheSpeakerbox.net - 256.852.0300

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #25
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
I'm bout to start doing the same thing Beckham...it's not worth it anymore. Cruise ins are more fun to me anyway
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #26
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,828
Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtCobra View Post
First off I don't need you to guarantee me a trophy at any of your shows, I've already gotten a few in the past anyway. Second off yeah I did just buy my mustang a few months ago, and have done different things to it almost every other week, or as money allowed. We've all been going to jeff's shows and supporting them for awhile now, I know for a fact that I've been over the years probably 7 or 8 times, and have already been to both so far this year, because I believe in supporting local shows as well. Actually I have already gotten a trophy with my car, in the second show I ever entered it in as a matter of fact. I'm not sure where you get off acting like your the car show god or whatever, but maybe your memory is a little foggy, because I've been involved with shows around here in one way or another since I was old enough to drive, and I'm 33 now, so that's what 17 years. I don't think I need any advice on what I need to do with my car, I've got a wall of trophies just like you do to show I know what I'm doing. I'm not trying to be "that guy" either, as a matter of fact I try to not be like that at any costs, but your opinion is no more important than mine. You say your not trying to be an ass but I can't tell....your little comment about the trophy isn't necessary. Don't let your ego get a little too big for you, we've always been cool but if u want to meet and talk about it pm me or hit me up on Facebook and we can talk in person if there's a problem. You know me better than that. I don't go around starting stuff with anyone, I think I'm a pretty laid back person, but you of all people aren't gonna disrespect me as I have not intentionally disrespected you. I'm not sure why u think you've got the town cornered in the car show scene, but you don't. The mopar club put on a few shows last year that had twice as many cars as any of the a&w shows that I have been too. I don't need a picture of some guys mustang either, I've had 7 of them over the years, have shown 3 of them, and won several trophies with all 3. You are not the most well liked person in the scene as you might think, but even after that I still told some people that u were a decent guy, and that I had never had anything bad to say about you, but maybe I was wrong, I'm not really sure what to think right now. I didn't buy my car expecting to "hog" trophies as you put it. Most people don't look at it as anything other than just a mustang, not realizing how rare it actually is. I will repeat one more time that I truly don't go for trophies, but I will always state my opinion when it comes to the same people winning over and over. I don't get pissed at not winning a trophy, I do however have a problem when I see the same 5 people every show win something. There were far more people at most of the shows back years ago than attend now, I can think of about 8 or 10 people right off hand that don't attend any more because of all the favoritism that's been going on in the local scene, that's why I mostly go to out of town shows where no one knows who u are, and you actually get a fair shot at least most of the time. Of course your gonna defend your little friends, because they support your club, and as long as you've known me, I've always went solo without being in a club. It's funny to me that you trashed the landers show, but got all butthurt when I had the same thing to say about favoritism at other shows. Sorry but your opinion is no more important than mine, and we can leave it at that. Your just stating your opinion and that's cool, but if you wanna try and make me "that guy" as u said, then go ahead. I don't play that game though, and Im not gonna go around bashing u or your club. We can be cool or not speak the next time I see u...doesn't matter to me, but please stop acting like your the car club god around here, because if there's anyone that knows just as many or more people in the car scene around here it's me. Take care
Man, I stopped doing local clubs 3 years ago. Things like what has happened tonight are one of the main reasons. I never claim to be the "car show god" and I certainly don't claim to know it all, but I have been around the block a time or two, and I've learned from watching other people's mistakes. What I have done is do my absolute best to keep the car show scene in this town alive and thriving. Whether people want to support what I do or not, well, that is their choice.

I know some people don't like me. Do I know the reasons? Nope. Does it make a difference in my life whether they like me or not? Nope. If they are the one with the problem, then they have the opportunity to bring it to me like an adult and get it figured out. With that said, some people just want to have a problem just to have a problem. Nothing I say or do can change that, so I see no need in wasting my time on those people. I can name a handful of people (and by that I mean 3) to which I would just rather not speak to ever again...not having to do with anything show related, but on a personal level...because I choose to not surround myself with people like they are. Those three are probably the root cause of the other people that don't like me, but whatever cranks their tractor, right?

I've been showing with a quality vehicle since I was 17 years old. I'm 32 now. I know what I like in a car show, and I know what I don't like in a car show. If you hadn't noticed, I agreed with you that some shows in town don't know their butt from a hole in the ground as far as judging is concerned, but I also said I still support them.

You can't make everybody happy. I know that going into a car show that I am putting on. I expect to hear some people complain, and I do the best I can to rectify whatever problems that may rise, but at the end of the day, you're just going to have some people that complain just for the sake of complaining. I'm not the one making you out to be that guy. Someone else posted in another thread that it was kinda funny how you were complaining about every show that went on last weekend. I'm not the one making you out to be that guy at all. As far as my car shows are concerned...I make sure its a fair playing field. Just because I've known someone for 15 years doesn't guarantee them a trophy if someone else has a vehicle that is of a higher caliber. I do not play favorites, I do not pick and choose based on who someone is, what they can do for me, or what logo they have on their window.

Just to clarify, I did not "trash" the LM show, Jeff's show, or Cafe 302's show. All I chimed in here for is that I saw you were bashing several of the local shows that are being put on around town, and I just tried to help clarify. If that makes me the bad guy for defending those shows, then so be it. I'll be at Hooters next weekend from 10-4 and A&W from 5-10. You're more than welcome to show up to discuss anything in person that you'd like, but I've said all I'm going to say.
__________________
Cheap first, expensive later. Do it right the first time, idiot. - My Grandmother
www.showstopperz.net
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #27
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Well that's fair enough with me....I said what I had to as well. I just felt as if you were targeting me for giving my opinion, which is what I had a problem with. I also didn't like the thing about guaranteeing me a trophy, that wasn't called for. If anything I am all for fair treatment, and I NEVER would want to win a trophy at every show...the thing that has gotten me so stirred up this year over other years is that I have literally seen the same 3 people in each show I've been to win, and there were several other people that commented on it as well, the difference is, I am the outspoken one, and I usually do or say what others are thinking. Most of the time that makes me the bad guy, but I'm ok with that. I think the thing Im trying to get you to see is that I don't care about trophies, it's not about that. I don't care if I ever get one AS LONG AS the same 3 people aren't winning every time. That was the reason that started all of this. People get frustrated when they work hard on their cars before the show, just to hear the same names called each time, and that is in fact what has happened at jeffs this year so far. That's truly what kills the local scene, because people start to think well why should I even bother, so and so is gonna win anyway....As I said I never had a problem with you personally until tonight, and that was because I felt that I was being bashed for saying what I felt. So that's why I addressed you tonight to get this out in the open. That being said I will probably not be entering any of your car shows in the future, not for any dislike of you, but because now if I ever did win I would wonder if it was just given to me since that's what u said, even though I know u were just being a smartass at the time. If I win a trophy I want it to be because I worked hard on my car, and someone took a genuine liking to it, not because I'm friends or know the person running the shows. Respect is a really big thing for me....far more important than a trophy, and I want to earn whatever I get. I'm not the type of person that goes around saying stuff behind someone's back, and if I do believe me I will say it to their face as well. That's why I wanted to address this now
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #28
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,828
Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtCobra View Post
Well that's fair enough with me....I said what I had to as well. I just felt as if you were targeting me for giving my opinion, which is what I had a problem with. I also didn't like the thing about guaranteeing me a trophy, that wasn't called for. If anything I am all for fair treatment, and I NEVER would want to win a trophy at every show...the thing that has gotten me so stirred up this year over other years is that I have literally seen the same 3 people in each show I've been to win, and there were several other people that commented on it as well, the difference is, I am the outspoken one, and I usually do or say what others are thinking. Most of the time that makes me the bad guy, but I'm ok with that. I think the thing Im trying to get you to see is that I don't care about trophies, it's not about that. I don't care if I ever get one AS LONG AS the same 3 people aren't winning every time. That was the reason that started all of this. People get frustrated when they work hard on their cars before the show, just to hear the same names called each time, and that is in fact what has happened at jeffs this year so far. That's truly what kills the local scene, because people start to think well why should I even bother, so and so is gonna win anyway....As I said I never had a problem with you personally until tonight, and that was because I felt that I was being bashed for saying what I felt. So that's why I addressed you tonight to get this out in the open. That being said I will probably not be entering any of your car shows in the future, not for any dislike of you, but because now if I ever did win I would wonder if it was just given to me since that's what u said, even though I know u were just being a smartass at the time. If I win a trophy I want it to be because I worked hard on my car, and someone took a genuine liking to it, not because I'm friends or know the person running the shows. Respect is a really big thing for me....far more important than a trophy, and I want to earn whatever I get. I'm not the type of person that goes around saying stuff behind someone's back, and if I do believe me I will say it to their face as well. That's why I wanted to address this now
Well I apologize for the guaranteeing a trophy remark. It was a snide comment said out of frustration. I've got no problem admitting I'm wrong when I am wrong. I also probably took what you were saying a little crooked, but I thought I essentially had the jist of it.

I've been where you are as far as being frustrated with the same people winning awards and I've been left just sitting there wondering what just happened. I never let it deter me though. As far as the same three people winning at shows...I mean, if they have a car that warrants a best of show trophy, then how can you fault the judges/person putting on the show? If it deserves it, then it should have it. Should they stack trophies? In my opinion, no. I try to keep fairness at the front of my mind when judging a show. If one car won best of show last month, I can't guarantee it will win again this month simply for the idea of keeping it fair and giving others a chance to win, because if the same people win trophies at the same shows every month, then no one will want to come to them. I definitely see your point both from a show host and a participant.

I guess what I mean is that the way you called it out probably wasn't the best way to do it. The way I took it is you just looked like you were hating on the shows and on the cars that won. Hence the reason I kinda dished it back at you.

It seems we are cut from the same cloth. I've never had a problem being the bad guy if it clarified a situation and ultimately did good. I'm the same way with respect and earning what is received. I don't run my mouth about people behind their backs, and I'm certainly one that would rather clear the air than walk around with it being clouded. (Hence the reason I'm more than willing to talk to anyone that you said has a "problem" with me.)

If you choose to no longer enter any shows of mine, that is your perogative. I'd have the same feeling, if you got a trophy would you think I just gave it to you to make you happy? I don't do that at any show, for anyone...but I'd still wonder if you thought that.

We've always been cool since we were kids, and I don't have a problem with you now, but like I said...I think the miscommunication was just in the way you brought up the issue. All is good on my end. No hard feelings at all, bro.
__________________
Cheap first, expensive later. Do it right the first time, idiot. - My Grandmother
www.showstopperz.net
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #29
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
That's cool with me. The whole thing with the shows this year has been eating at me for a few weeks now. I think last night sorta just threw gas on a fire that had already started to get pretty big. Admittingly enough I have a temper, and I'm sure you know it's a pretty bad one at that, so when I feel like I'm getting attacked for no reason, I usually come out swinging so to speak and worry about everything else later. What I said wasn't meant as a personal attack on anyone's car, although I still think that chick with the charger walks around like she's gods gift....lol. I don't know her personally like I said earlier, nor do I know the others that also won both times that I'm talking about, so if it was taken as an attack on them, it really wasn't meant to be. I don't have anything against jeff either, as the few times I've talked to him he's always been pretty nice, but I would definitely like to see some different people win next month if I go, even if I'm not one of them, and not the same 3 yet again, because I think I might have a come apart session right there if that happened, and then I'd be "that guy" for sure....lol. Everything is cool on my end though as far as I'm concerned
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd   #30
LastChance
LastChance
.
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 93
Well other than the hot pavement (it is the middle of July so go figure) I had a great time seeing some new rides that I have missed and some great friends that I have not seen this year. I had a good time.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #31
DreDay256
DreDay256
is doing stereo upgrades..
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Hey, Car Show God. The Mustang you posted a pic of looks like every other Mustang except it has a display.

And honestly, if the reg monthly car shows were done like they were supposed to be done, they'd die quick. I personally feel Car shows shouldn't be equal opportunity type. The best should stay on top & winning until someone comes along & beats them. At some national/ regional shows I bring home 10-12 trophies & awards! From 1 show! All bc their judged by the book. If I'm the best in multiple categories then I win several classes that I enter. A local show can't survive doing it by the book though. People like Lauren would quit coming bc they'd lose motivation quicky.
Now, annual shows like LM should be done by the book. A stock car beating a full custom one is a slap in the face.
__________________
TEAM ASCENDANT AUDIO (AA)/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO/ TEAM XS POWER/ TEAM AUDIO CONNECTION

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"
-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order), 2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass), 4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets, 1pr. Crescendo FT-1 SuperTweets
-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts
-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs), 1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's), 1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

Last edited by DreDay256; July 23rd at 10:12 AM.
DreDay256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #32
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Guess it depends on what the judges are looking for. Most of the stuff done to my cobra are smaller touches here and there. Addmittingly it's not a flashy car, at least from the standpoint of having 30' rims, big expensive sound system, candy paint etc...., but what it does show is the fact it is an 11 year old car that has an engine compartment with not a speck of dirt or oil, and an inside that still looks brand new, even after 11 years. I would be happy if some of the shows around here divided the cars up better into different categories, because trust me we don't wanna be in the same category with a car that has 30 or 40 grand in it, anymore than you wanna lose to a super clean stock car. Seems categories would make it better for everyone....just my opinion
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #33
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Walks in, see's several novel's, walks back out.
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".

Last edited by EvilZ; July 23rd at 11:25 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #34
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Come on evil z...there's nothing wrong with a good book...lol
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #35
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtCobra View Post
Come on evil z...there's nothing wrong with a good book...lol
Good being the key word.
__________________
I have a tendency to be "that guy".
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd   #36
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDay256 View Post
Hey, Car Show God. The Mustang you posted a pic of looks like every other Mustang except it has a display.

And honestly, if the reg monthly car shows were done like they were supposed to be done, they'd die quick. I personally feel Car shows shouldn't be equal opportunity type. The best should stay on top & winning until someone comes along & beats them. At some national/ regional shows I bring home 10-12 trophies & awards! From 1 show! All bc their judged by the book. If I'm the best in multiple categories then I win several classes that I enter. A local show can't survive doing it by the book though. People like Lauren would quit coming bc they'd lose motivation quicky.
Now, annual shows like LM should be done by the book. A stock car beating a full custom one is a slap in the face.
12 awards at one show!!!! You are THE car show god!!!
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th   #37
Malkier
Malkier
has no status.
 
Malkier's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 44
Wow, that was a fairly level headed discussion. Most forums I'm on this would have descended into total chaos.
Malkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th   #38
Greg's Max
Greg's Max
has no status.
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
As the owner of the so called completly stock Challenger, let me say this the car is not completly stock. I have had the car a little over a year, and slowly making changes to suit my taste. It may not have the fancy paint job, kick ass stereo, custom interior work, and other stuff like Dre's Magnum, but it is my ride and I take pride in it.
My mods are not in your face, no offense Dre, I like your Magnum, cool but not my style. My mods are simple, but tasteful for my car. They include Vision Legend wheels, Mopar Quad exhaust tips, Mopar stainless pedals, Mopar stainless door sills, Hurst Comp Stick Shifter, and classic style Challenger scrpit emblems added to fenders, trunk, and grill, as well as DODGE emblem added to hood, for a nod to the orginal in the 70's. Performance mods include a Airaid CAI, Big Bully Catch Can, and a Hypertech Intercptor. I have some more ideas, I want to do as money permits, those include a MR. Norms prostock hood, redline BFG's, leather interior, possibly add a go wing, stripes, and one day a color change to a deep dark green like Dodge used in the 70's. Sure most people dismiss my car as just a nice cruser, but it is my driver, rain or shine, it ain't perfect, it has it share or rock chips, or battle scars as some would say, but it does feel nice to get some recognition for all the work I put into keeping my car clean, but at the same time it is not about the trophy, it is about the comradery, and meeting new friends, as well as hanging out with old friends.

Last edited by Greg's Max; July 25th at 08:58 PM.
Greg's Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #39
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg's Max View Post
As the owner of the so called completly stock Challenger, let me say this the car is not completly stock. I have had the car a little over a year, and slowly making changes to suit my taste. It may not have the fancy paint job, kick ass stereo, custom interior work, and other stuff like Dre's Magnum, but it is my ride and I take pride in it.
My mods are not in your face, no offense Dre, I like your Magnum, cool but not my style. My mods are simple, but tasteful for my car. They include Vision Legend wheels, Mopar Quad exhaust tips, Mopar stainless pedals, Mopar stainless door sills, Hurst Comp Stick Shifter, and classic style Challenger scrpit emblems added to fenders, trunk, and grill, as well as DODGE emblem added to hood, for a nod to the orginal in the 70's. Performance mods include a Airaid CAI, Big Bully Catch Can, and a Hypertech Intercptor. I have some more ideas, I want to do as money permits, those include a MR. Norms prostock hood, redline BFG's, leather interior, possibly add a go wing, stripes, and one day a color change to a deep dark green like Dodge used in the 70's. Sure most people dismiss my car as just a nice cruser, but it is my driver, rain or shine, it ain't perfect, it has it share or rock chips, or battle scars as some would say, but it does feel nice to get some recognition for all the work I put into keeping my car clean, but at the same time it is not about the trophy, it is about the comradery, and meeting new friends, as well as hanging out with old friends.
Can you post a pic? I'm sorry I didn't get to see the car. I do have a pretty stock dart that I have been winning with for years.
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #40
03svtCobra
03svtCobra
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
That "stock" dart you've got is badass, that's why you always win trophies. Still my favorite mopar I've seen so far
03svtCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landers Mclarty car show in Huntsville Alabama BamaMopars General Discussions 1 June 21st 07:57 AM
Charity Classic Car Show cmayo Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 1 September 28th 10:48 PM
Landers McLarty 3rd Annual Charity Car & Bike Show Samir Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 9 July 22nd 06:17 PM
Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep 1st Annual Charity Car & Bike Show Samir Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 0 October 13th 05:50 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service