Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > What's New

What's New Links to all the event coverage as well as special announcements

Old November 26th   #1
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Thundering Herd!

I recently watched the movie “We are Marshall” for the first time and the college football team in the movie was known as the Thundering Herd. The movie relives the tragic tale of how a plane crash ended the lives of 37 of their football players from their team including all of the coaches but one. It’s an inspiring story of teamwork, family and rebuilding of a football team and a town from the ground up. It’s a great movie with a heartwarming story.

It seems that the 2nd weekend in October around the McClary Ford dealership in Athens, AL has become known for drawing some of the area’s best Ford’s and Mustangs. If you were at the dealership on Saturday Oct. 12th you most definitely could hear a Thundering Herd of Mustangs! Limestone County Mustang Club (LCMC) held its 4th annual “All Ford” cruise-in at McClary Ford. The food vendor Little Red Lunch Box sold hotdogs/hamburgers/and drinks to keep the crowds hunger satisfied and Factory Direct Purses sold everything from your favorite collegiate purses to Ford Mustang wallets.

A record attendance was set this year with 125 vehicles taking part in the annual car show. This family friendly event attracts new folks every year and the lot was once again full of shiny cars and trucks of all flavors.

The 2013 Award winners are listed below;
Mayors Choice - Jim Ferris, 1965 Mustang (Springtime Yellow)
Popular Choice –Jay Ronca, 2006 Saleen Mustang (Lizstick Red)
Best Non-Mustang - Susan Wachtel, 1956 Ford Crown Vic (Rose/White)
Best Ford Truck - Deborah Bentzinger, 1977 Ford F-100 (Jade/White)
Kid's Choice: Winner was Cinder Cavin, 1966 Mustang Convertible (Red)

It was special treat to have the Athens Mayor Ronnie Marks on hand again to choose his favorite vehicle. Approximately $2000 worth of door prizes were given away this year and show participants could answer trivia or participate in treasure hunts car show style. Although this is a free event, $400 was raised at this year’s show to be donated to the Athens Veterans Achieves and Museum.

Once again special thanks go out to Mickey Smith, Jim McClary and the entire staff at McClary Ford for hosting this 4th annual event. If you missed the show this year make plans now to attend next year on the 2nd weekend in October and maybe you can be part of the Thundering Herd as the Mustangs stampede into McClary Ford.

Thanks……..Joe
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd   #2
TGR 96
TGR 96
My name is Chip

Looks like a great show. I really need to put this on my calendar for next year.
Old December 23rd   #3
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Yes it is...............you got to come next year!!!
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote