Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 2nd Saturday evening cruise-ins
Calendar: Events Calendar
coupemama  
April 12th to October 11th 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Target Shopping Center

New location and dates for 2014
Decatur 2nd Saturday evening cruise-ins
6pm to 9pm
Moe's Southwest Grill
in the Target Shopping Center
parking lot is located behind the building that Moe's is in
will hold many rides and is well lighted
there are other restaurants at this location as well as shopping
note: I am only getting the word out; not necessarily heading the event

Old January 7th   #2
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Thanks for the info. Great location
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

This cruise-in will be leaning more toward antiques, street rods, classics and muscle years. After these last few days, I am so ready for the Friday & Saturday evening cruise-ins. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #4
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
This cruise-in will be leaning more toward antiques, street rods, classics and muscle years. After these last few days, I am so ready for the Friday & Saturday evening cruise-ins. Marsha
You bet! We are all ready.
ChuckM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #5
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Is this the one that was at Steak & Shake??
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #6
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes. Can no longer use that SnS lot because Planet Fitness moved into the empty space and they use most of the lot now. So Moe's has asked us to move to their location. Great lot in the back, away from most, that no one uses.
Old May 6th   #7
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Reminder. This Saturday. Thanks
Old June 10th   #8
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

June reminder. This Saturday - 2nd Saturdays of the month. 6pm to 9pm. Open to all. Food discounts/coupons.
Old June 12th   #9
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

Mine don't fit the category of what it's geared toward but I may swing buy anyway because it does stand out at night
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #10
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

It really does not matter. All are welcome. And there is plenty of parking. So I hope to see a full parking lot with all kinds. Marsha
Old June 14th   #11
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Looks like a bust
Old June 15th   #12
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Was short but I had fun
Old June 15th   #13
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, only half the parking lot full. For the street rodders, there was the Bowling Green event this weekend, and for others an event in Falkville. But I was still hoping that we could have filled the lot sometime during the night. Maybe next month. There are many out there that still does not know that the Steak n Shake cruise-in was moved to this new location and new dates (2nd Saturdays).
Old July 7th   #14
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

Well worth the drive over from Huntsville. Good rides, Good fellowship, good food, all in the same place.
Old July 13th   #15
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Thanks for this info. We were out of state on family vacation, and was wondering how all went. Sorry to had to miss, but see you all there next month. Marsha
Old July 13th   #16
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

Had a good turnout this time (12th), nice variety including a couple of VW buses, and Revernd Tex Deville of The Al Rat Rod Assn, pulling his camper with his V6 powered "A" truck. Brave man, going to take it to Bonneville. I guess its an "A" truck, could be a "B".
Old July 14th   #17
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Glad to hear this. Will try to build this cruise-in back up to the 100+ rides that Decatur Steak n Shake had in the past. This is a good location with plenty of parking. None of which will interfere with the businesses at this location.
Old August 3rd   #18
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Decatur 2nd Saturday evening cruise-in
Moe's in the Target Shopping Center
this Saturday, Aug 9th, 6pm

I know that some stated they miss the Steak n Shake location. I do as well. But with the new business there, they took over 1/2 the parking lot. We would need their permission, as well as paying for the event liability insurance.

Then I had several stated that the Target Shopping Center was a good location. With this parking lot in the back away from the front doors of the businesses, I felt this would work and no one would complain about us being there. And at this point, we have not needed the event liability insurance. Moe's has invited us, and we are there as customers.

Please support and attend this cruise-in. If not, it may slowly disappear. I certainly do not want this. I would like to see Decatur have a monthly cruise-in. Somewhere once a month for all of us to get together with our rides. This parking lot is big enough to support us. And all is welcome - open to all rides. There is just 3 months left to this season: August, September & October

So I would like to see a full parking lot this Saturday. Wouldn't you? Thank you, Marsha
Old August 3rd   #19
ChuckM
ChuckM
MTYMOUS Lives!

I do enjoy the cruise at Moe's. Had dinner there last time, enjoyed it too. We need to do that as much as we can, and thank them for helping us. Tough competition this time, due to a long day at the Ardmore show. Weather man not very encouraging right now either. Hopefully Mommy Nature will reconsider!
Old September 7th   #20
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Reminder. Coming up this Saturday evening. Only 2 left for this season: September & October. We hope to make both of these, and will be looking to see many others. The more the better. Thank you all for your support. Marsha