Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old March 19th   #1
JerzeyBama
JerzeyBama
has no status.

Smile "The Fast in the Furious Tokyo Drift "

Here the preview of the "The Fast in the Furious Tokyo Drift "
I think it's going too be better then all of them !!!

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/main.html
JerzeyBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th   #2
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
Thumbs down

Ill wait til it comes out on dvd

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Look for the NOS bike in the movie. It was made right here in Athens, Alabama. Here's a link to some pictures of the making of the movie: http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=608
Old March 20th   #4
whitegsteclipse
whitegsteclipse
has no status.

I am pretty skeptical about the movie. I want to know how lil bow wow(who has never stepped foot in anything but an escalade) and a guy that has a southern accent end up in japan drifting. I watched one online preview for the movie and one of the characters was explaining what drifting is. He said that the tires used are slick which isn't the case or those cars wouldn't be on the road for five seconds before slamming into something. It looks like they are drifting too far away from what the tuner scene really is and making it too hollywood.
whitegsteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I agree with you on the Hollywood factor, but isn't the whole F&F series like that?

I think they're smart by making it a marketable movie, even while sacrificing credibility. And you know the price of every 240 and ae86 is going to go straight up, lol.
Old March 20th   #6
whitegsteclipse
whitegsteclipse
has no status.

Yeah, I guess I just have to understand that they are trying to sell tickets while appealing to a very wide audience. The F&F series has definitely expanded the import scene. Some people would suggest that it hurt it, but it hasn't hurt the value of the cars. The imports with desirable engines are holding value while increasing in many cases.
whitegsteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #7
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
They had another car thats supposed to be in the movie at Spring Fling in Panama City Beach for Spring Fling. I recall him winning at least 1 award.
Old March 20th   #8
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

I was asked about being in that movie but i guess I had to many cracks in my front bumper.
baggedclips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedclips
I was asked about being in that movie but i guess I had to many cracks in my front bumper.
I'm surprised your car wasn't. With all the money and hype involved in this series of movies, I'm surprised manufacturers aren't falling all over themselves to get the free marketing.
Old March 21st   #10
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Free marketing....probably not. F&F2 was loaded with marketing. Vendors paid tons for their products to be featured in the movie. It a pretty good racket. What you don't make in movie revenue, you make up for in manufacturer revenue to promote their products. I would venture to bet that the actors don't get much if any of the actual marketing revenues from vendors. I would think they have a base pay plus movie revenue bonus...etc. That's why more and more movies are becoming marketing tools. (I was pissed when they had James Bond driving a BMW...marketing at it's finest)

I think the movie will do ok because of their following, but because of the lack of known main characters and lack of drifting in the states, it will be short lived. I mean...lil bow wow...come on...please.
ITSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #11
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
honda and acura were really boosted by the fast and furious movies...before them you could find a early 90's 4 door civic or accord w/ fairly low miles on it for like 1500-2000 now you cant find one for less than 3500 unless its crap... and they all have spoilers and fart cans on em..funny how a movie can boost car sales lol

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #12
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Maybe because they are popular cars. Its just like when you was about 3 years old watching gi joe cartoons with your spiderman underwear on Sat morning and you saw that commercial and next thing you know you had a gi joe action figure. no different. The 1st F & F movie did produce a lot of money. Look at all the clips with the blitz body kits. You can get one now for 300 bucks on for any car now. Its all about money, now all the nissans will go up specailly the S13's and on up.
baggedclips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #13
V8S10
V8S10
a.k.a MagicMan

i think ill pass
V8S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #14
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
honda and acura were really boosted by the fast and furious movies...before them you could find a early 90's 4 door civic or accord w/ fairly low miles on it for like 1500-2000 now you cant find one for less than 3500 unless its crap... and they all have spoilers and fart cans on em..funny how a movie can boost car sales lol
Thats why America is such a wonderful place. People are like zombies. "This handy dandy bucket of crap is lined with gold and smells like a rose...it too can be yours for the low low price of $500 you can order by calling 1-800-UR-STUPID" and they can't keep them i supply because they sell so much. Its all marketing and there's always a fool that will buy ANYTHING. *cough*ebay*cough* Did ya'll see where someone actually sold their soul on ebay?
Old March 21st   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST
Free marketing....probably not. F&F2 was loaded with marketing. Vendors paid tons for their products to be featured in the movie. It a pretty good racket. What you don't make in movie revenue, you make up for in manufacturer revenue to promote their products. I would venture to bet that the actors don't get much if any of the actual marketing revenues from vendors. I would think they have a base pay plus movie revenue bonus...etc. That's why more and more movies are becoming marketing tools. (I was pissed when they had James Bond driving a BMW...marketing at it's finest)

I think the movie will do ok because of their following, but because of the lack of known main characters and lack of drifting in the states, it will be short lived. I mean...lil bow wow...come on...please.
Good points. I meant "free" in the sense of how cheap it might be relative to directly reaching such an audience. Every company pays to be in the movies, or they cover up the logo.
Old March 21st   #16
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

why do yall think i bought the 240? LOL...with my 5 lug conversion, turbo KAT, big brakes and painted black...lol...6K out the door.
napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #17
V8S10
V8S10
a.k.a MagicMan

they got alot more popular after F&F like kerry said before the movie you could by those cars alot cheaper take the dukes of hazzard movie (havent seen it) but after it came out there was a huge spark in interest in the charger again
V8S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #18
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowHardbody
they got alot more popular after F&F like kerry said before the movie you could by those cars alot cheaper take the dukes of hazzard movie (havent seen it) but after it came out there was a huge spark in interest in the charger again
Which is why I was trying to find one before the movie came out, but the money wasnt right when I found the one I wanted.
Old March 21st   #19
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon
why do yall think i bought the 240? LOL...with my 5 lug conversion, turbo KAT, big brakes and painted black...lol...6K out the door.
That's pretty funny. What's even funnier is that I was planning on buying one of the last year models with low miles and let it sit for about a year or two and turn it for a profit. I'm just not sure they will go up enough to make it worth my efforts. I do wish I had bought a couple of supra's....those turned to gold and have yet to really drop in price.

Samir - Yea, I knew what you were talking about...I just had to dog the movie scene. Just watching the blatent advertising in F&F 1 and 2 was sick. Year One, Corona, Snapple, Veilside, NOS, NIRA, etc... Guess it worked, I seem to remember quite a few..

Any guesses what the advertising will be in this new movie?
ITSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
That's pretty funny. What's even funnier is that I was planning on buying one of the last year models with low miles and let it sit for about a year or two and turn it for a profit. I'm just not sure they will go up enough to make it worth my efforts. I do wish I had bought a couple of supra's....those turned to gold and have yet to really drop in price.
LOL. I'm not sure there's too many investment quality pieces available in the area.

Quote:
Samir - Yea, I knew what you were talking about...I just had to dog the movie scene. Just watching the blatent advertising in F&F 1 and 2 was sick. Year One, Corona, Snapple, Veilside, NOS, NIRA, etc... Guess it worked, I seem to remember quite a few..
I hear ya. I never liked the obscenely huge company logos on laptops and office equipment in a scene, but when someone is willing to pay a couple of thousand bucks for it, I guess that can be hard to turn down.

Quote:
Any guesses what the advertising will be in this new movie?
Hmm....good question. I noticed a 350z is one of the star cars this time around. Nismo?