Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old November 15th   #1
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

Intro & car calendar suggestions?

Hello

I'm an Alabama photographer for car magazine & calendar publishers. I've been doing this for decades.

Examples:

http://www.adpix.biz/calendars/exoti...AlfaRomeo.html
http://www.adpix.biz/calendars/exoti...elaFordGt.html

It does not cost anyone anything. It takes about 1.5 hours of time. The car does not have to be detailed. Yes, they can use the watermarked proofs, I can also make them prints (usually free also) & they'll get the calendar when it comes out later. I never reveal names of owners.

Publication in the calendar increases resale. Owners with businesses to support can use it later as their corporate calendar. It works out really well. You could make it a "Cars & Coffee" calendar & sell it as a fund-raiser, for example.

Please suggest cars around Huntsville, Chattanooga or Birmingham.

Regards

Jack
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

So you photograph the car and submit them to magazines and car calendars? Basically a free photo shoot? Do you provide the model? What type of property releases are involved?

There's several awesome cars in our area, many extremely unique and one-of-a-kind.

Last edited by Samir; November 15th at 09:42 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th   #3
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

Good questions. The publishers come to me & request content. I don't just submit & cross my fingers. LOL
Yes, it's basically a free photo shoot.
I generally provide the model & I have one in Huntsville already. But if you have suggestions, that's fine too. I can shoot more than one. Several are fine in fact. Just send me a pic or two of who you nominate & I'll try to get pre-approval. Like the cars, I don't just shoot & hope.
The car owner receives a non-commercial license to use the images however they'd like. That's all that most everyone wants anyway. A few want high-res ones later to use in advertising or whatever. In those cases, we have to negotiate since it involves a different license & model approval, etc., but the expensive part, the shoot itself, is done.
Old November 15th   #4
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

Do you suggest I post this request in a different thread?
Old November 15th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Good questions. The publishers come to me & request content. I don't just submit & cross my fingers. LOL
Yes, it's basically a free photo shoot.
I generally provide the model & I have one in Huntsville already. But if you have suggestions, that's fine too. I can shoot more than one. Several are fine in fact. Just send me a pic or two of who you nominate & I'll try to get pre-approval. Like the cars, I don't just shoot & hope.
The car owner receives a non-commercial license to use the images however they'd like. That's all that most everyone wants anyway. A few want high-res ones later to use in advertising or whatever. In those cases, we have to negotiate since it involves a different license & model approval, etc., but the expensive part, the shoot itself, is done.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I do most of the photography on Huntsville Car Scene, so I know about the world of licenses and releases, hence my questions. Thank you for the answers.
Quote:
Do you suggest I post this request in a different thread?
No, I think this is fine unless you have a specific car you need, then I'd just post a 'xxxxx wanted for free photo shoot' thread under the General Discussions forum.

So what do you need right now? We've got almost anything you'd ever want in our scene.
Old November 15th   #6
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

ok, thanks. Well I saw a Morgan 8. Were those your shots I saw? Nice work!
Do you know that owner?
And/or, how about a Cadillac CTS-V, really nice newer Camaro or Charger RT? McLaren? Rolls Royce, Pantera DeTomaso, Aston Martin...?
Old November 15th   #7
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

A unique Audi, like the R8 or new TT?
Old November 15th   #8
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

Lotus, Acura NSX, Bizzarini, Saleen S7, Maserati
Old November 16th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
ok, thanks. Well I saw a Morgan 8. Were those your shots I saw? Nice work!
Do you know that owner?
And/or, how about a Cadillac CTS-V, really nice newer Camaro or Charger RT? McLaren? Rolls Royce, Pantera DeTomaso, Aston Martin...?
It depends on where you saw them. If they were in an event gallery on here, then probably. My images usually have a Huntsville Car Scene.com watermark on them. Thank you for the compliments!

Yes, I know the owner, and he's an active member in the North Alabama British Motoring Society. Very nice guy and quite approachable. I would suggest going to a meeting and asking him for a shoot. I'm sure he'd say yes. You might be able to catch him and a bunch of folks from the NABMS on Thanksgiving as they usually do a drive that day.

There are a few CTS-Vs in town, including a very nice coupe that may have changed owners by now since the owners of the car do change fairly often.

We have the Rocket City Camaros, a club which has some of the nicest Camaros you'll find in the area. They're quite active in a thread on the camaro5 forum.

I'm not sure about the Charger RT, although I know we have several very nice Challengers.

McLaren would be only in Nashville I'm afraid. But we do have a few classic Rolls Royce in the area as well as the newer Bentley Continental GT.

I tried to source a Pantero DeTomaso for the Fast 5 premiere event here and couldn't find one in the southeast.

There is a very nice rare yellow Aston Martin Vantage in town, unless the owner has sold it.
Quote:
A unique Audi, like the R8 or new TT?
There is one of the biggest fans of the Audi brand in Huntsville and I believe he has an RSTT. I've met him a few times at the Autism Research Foundation Cars and Coffee event which I believe is on for this month. Lots of unique cars come to that event.

We do have some R8s in town including one that was known for a florescent orange sideblade and wheels. It has since been returned to stock and I'm not sure if the owner has sold that car and moved onto another. For a brief moment, we had an R8 Daytona in town and I was given the opportunity to shoot it before it was shipped off to the buyer back in 2013.

I'm sure user overdrivedgn is working on a wicked modified Audi that should have some significant work done to it by now. He built a Jetta that was featured in both Performance VW and another publication I can't remember off the top of my head. It was one of the highest performance and nicest cars I've ever seen. I really considered buying the car when he was selling it. He had well over $100k invested in that car.
Quote:
Lotus, Acura NSX, Bizzarini, Saleen S7, Maserati
Our very own gorkoracing has a unique British racing green Lotus Exige that has undergone various different modifications. The car is having some work done at the moment, and the owner is unfortunately recovering from a fairly serious car accident. But I'm sure he'd love to have a shoot.

I've only seen a handful of NSX's in town. I know of one owner, but don't know if he sold it or not. A lot of our multi-car owners in town tend to trim their collection and then add more on a regular basis.

I know we don't have a Bizzarini or an S7, but we do have some very nice Ford GTs including a Hennessey GT1000.

There are a few Maseratis in town including the gorgeous Gran Turismo, Quatroporte, and a couple older two doors I can't remember the model names of right now.

As you can see, we have a lot to shoot around here! And if you do get a chance to shoot a car, feel free to post up a writeup about the shoot with pictures. We all love to see photoshoots and the results.
Old November 17th   #10
Jackster
Jackster
has no status.

Calendar cars to shoot

Hello Samir

Thanks - this is great stuff! You were right about the quality of cars there. I might be able to get 2 or more shot from your group. And yes, I'll post to the Forum afterward, no problem.

I followed the links (thanks again) but was unable to find a way to contact the individuals you suggested, such as overdrivedgn & gorkracing. Is there a way to do so?

As for the Morgan 8 guy, although I'd love to, I can't really attend an event there to meet him, since I'm several hours away. As with the others, can you suggest a way I can ask them if they're interested?

Regards

Jack