Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Priceville Annual Event
Calendar: Events Calendar
coupemama  
August 22nd 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Veterans Park, Priceville, AL

Due to rain today, the 15th, this event has been moved to the 22nd. This is what the sign on the Park states as we just drove by
1 members will be attending this event:

Old August 23rd   #2
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

I am not sure why no one has committed about this show, A great turn out of very good cars. The show area was laid out very well. The grounds were prepped perfect. The one odd thing I noticed was the very large amount of police at this show. May be the police thought the car show people might act like they were in Ferguson Mo. Most of the police I saw had their hand on their service pistol. I over heard several people saying that it bothered them .
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

This event has been going on for many years. Always a good turnout and no problems that we were ever aware of. On a nice evening (with no rain) the entire back field would be completely full; probably talking about 300+ rides. We have attend every year, regardless of weather, and again, never any problems. Yes, always the Sheriff's deputies are on site. I personally did not notice any officer with his hand on his service weapon. But I was not looking too much at the officers. Mainly the rides and speaking with our car family members and friends. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd   #4
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

I didn't go this year because of the weather and the fact that I have a one year old, but the location and atmosphere makes it one of the best events in the area. Never had an issue with a cop there, and I have no issue if a cop has their hand on a gun.
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd   #5
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

The Morgan co deputy that stood under my tent during one of the rain showers kept his hand on his gun the whole time. TRYING TO KEEP IT DRY.The sheriff is from Priceville, always have a good turn out of Mo.Co finest there. Oh the deputy also had a 34 ford coupe there.

Last edited by b.a.king; August 23rd at 08:05 PM.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Interesting observation. I noticed a lot of cops but never have payed attention in the past.

We almost got stuck leaving which SUCKED. Thankfully we had some guys help push us and didn't spin much at all. I'm guessing it turned into a mud bog.
Old August 28th   #7
Thames59
Thames59
has no status.

I hate the weather didn't cooperate this year. I really enjoy this event. I didn't leave until all prizes were done. A lot of people were having trouble spinning which made it worse. I didn't have any problem. Combination of light car & wide tires helped I guess. I really felt sorry for the workers that had to repair the damage to the ball fields. Hats off to them & thanks.

Last edited by Thames59; August 28th at 09:53 AM.
Thames59 is offline   Reply With Quote