Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Hardees Gurley Cruise In?
A 5 41.67%
B 7 58.33%
C 0 0%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 2nd   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
4-1-06 Hardees Cruise In Poll (hopefully this one works)

Grade the show and Post your likes and dislikes
Old April 2nd   #2
V8S10
V8S10
a.k.a MagicMan

i thought it was a good event i met a couple people from on here bought some bags so it was a good night
V8S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Well this is the first poll I have ever made so it took me a second to get it down. I voted the show a B. I think they had it pretty much down because they have been doing it for a long time, but I don't know if they were expecting that many cars to show up. The rating doesnt reflect on the show or its organization because that was really good in my opinion, but the parking could have been planned a little better. There's always a little room for improvement and we'll be back next month to enjoy the show again.
Old April 2nd   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
had a blast..sold some stuff, drug the s*** out of my truck, left, got pulled over (no ticket) so, drug some more, and went home...gave the show an A..however I agree w/ Jay about the parking also I noticed that several customers were blocked in after all the show cars showed up..I think hardess should make an announcement inside the restraunt telling that there is about to be a cruise in and there is a possibility that they may be blocked in if they want to move their vehicles...plus someone needs to off that woman at the subway next door for yelling at people trying to park ....had fun see you guys next time...oh and whos goin to laid out at the park next weekend?

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested

Last edited by Nevr2loS10; April 2nd at 12:14 PM.
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #5
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
Lastnight

Not a bad show at all last night, I enjoyed it, Sweet ride also Jaymack, Be seeing you soon
cobaltracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #6
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
Glad to hear you didnt get a ticket S10
cobaltracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #7
V8S10
V8S10
a.k.a MagicMan

kerry we might go i was thinkin about may ride up and see if i can find some more deals if yall go get with me and we may tag along............ and yeah the subay lady was trippin......
V8S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #8
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

just as i had thought we sort of overwhelmed hardees last nite. the huntsville car council discussion needs to get going again to help aleviate problems like last nite. there is enuff younger folks around to have their own special event. as it seems to be more a social event to younger folks . the old folks just sit in chairs
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #9
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

This was the first time I came out to this show and I have to say there were alot of cars there. The parking issue does need to be addressed due to the fact that many cars had to be moved to let a few cars out. I understand the complaints the lady had cause you would not want it to inturpt your business either. I could tell no one was really impressed with my ride but I don't care my wife and I like it.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #10
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
had a blast..sold some stuff, drug the s*** out of my truck, left, got pulled over (no ticket) so, drug some more, and went home...gave the show an A..however I agree w/ Jay about the parking also I noticed that several customers were blocked in after all the show cars showed up..I think hardess should make an announcement inside the restraunt telling that there is about to be a cruise in and there is a possibility that they may be blocked in if they want to move their vehicles...plus someone needs to off that woman at the subway next door for yelling at people trying to park ....had fun see you guys next time...oh and whos goin to laid out at the park next weekend?
Don't say they didn't warn ya brother! I saw you as you left. Looks good from what I can see...but all I could see was tail lights and a bumper.
Old April 2nd   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
just as i had thought we sort of overwhelmed hardees last nite. the huntsville car council discussion needs to get going again to help aleviate problems like last nite. there is enuff younger folks around to have their own special event. as it seems to be more a social event to younger folks . the old folks just sit in chairs
True...but the mix of everything is what brings the crowds I guess. Of course its a social event, we're doing the same things the older folks are, but (and I can only speak for myself) I try to get around and talk with everyone a little bit. Sometimes I may come across as being rude because I'll get interrupted by someone and I'll look up to finish my conversation and the person I was talking to will have walked off...just like I talked to ya'll last night hoss, I didn't mean to be rude, I was just getting pulled in a bunch of directions at once. We had a lot of fun, and thats what I love doing it for!!! I can't wait til 302 next weekend
Old April 2nd   #12
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltracer
Not a bad show at all last night, I enjoyed it, Sweet ride also Jaymack, Be seeing you soon
Nice seeing you man. We looked for you today and never saw you. E-mail me and we'll get together and talk cars sometime.
Old April 2nd   #13
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Are you saying that we need our own Cruize-In? cause if that is the case, and we are not appreciated, then we can always organize our own event. I dont mean to come across rude here, but the way it sounds to me, is that we need to do our own thing, and stay away from all the folks in thier LAWN CHAIRS!!! Car shows are supposed to be a social event. At least that is what I thought they were. If you guys dont appreciate the younger crowd then I guess that we can all organize an event for POST-1980, but then the hardees cruise-in in gurley will be back to 12-15 cars. If you look at the crowd last night the majority of the cars were Post-1980. I am not trying to make a big issue out of this, but to me I think that if you limit yourself to one specific Era you are limiting your participation. I for one love going to the Hardees Cruiz-Ins. Hoss I am By No Means taking a bash at you, I just heard alot of "ELDERS"(as I call them.lol) Say the exact same thing that you said in the quote above. I am just wondering what the issue is. ONCE AGAIN I MEAN NO DISRESPECT BY ANY OF THE WORDS THAT I HAVE SAID IN THIS POST. JUST WONDERING WHAT ALL THE FUSS WAS ABOUT!!!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #14
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

You know im slowly starting to see that as us "younger crowd" guys give all of the older cars and older guys the respect they deserve because yes they were the begennings of the scene we are apart of now..we do not get the same respect in return..why is that?...the so called younger generation has far surpassed the custom work of the 60s and 70s and done things w/ vehicles that were far fetched jokes when you were younger. I dont mean anyone disrespect here because im a lover of ALL vehicles im a die hard mini trucker, but I love what h20 has goin on and go to their meetings sometimes, and im an old hot rod lover as well, and I dont sit around griping about what shows up at a free cruise in...but I will say this however im gonna make a movement..to find another cruise in where fair respect will be given where it is due...if that is setting up our own cruise in for newer model vehicles than that is what we will do but there is no reason that there should be segregation in the local car scene and I seriously think its ridiculous. I guess I will get in contact with some of the local businesses that will be interested in sponsoring an event like this one..and this cruise in will go back to where it was before all of Fa Sho, alabama custom car and truck club and me and my group stared coming there which was very few people I know...not many comapanies will want to sponsor a low participation event

Old April 2nd   #15
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

Quote:
You know im slowly starting to see that as us "younger crowd" guys give all of the older cars and older guys the respect they deserve because yes they were the begennings of the scene we are apart of now..we do not get the same respect in return..why is that?.

This is BS we ALL putter an tinker on our cars
Us 'elders' have just been doing it longer thats all

car guys are car guys

As an 'elder' I do have respect for the newer stuff.
so don't generlize.
As a builder I use it(new tech) where I can in my cars
(ie fully bagged 59 ragtop)
but for the most part I don't know how it works,
so guess what
Somebody has to teach me,
while all the pissing and moaning is going
I ain't learning anything.....
It is a 2 way street though
An 'elder' taught me how to lead
but if no one wants to be taught,
that skill will be lost when I am no longer
do the thing that I love....
building cars

BTW
picking parts out of a catalog
and bolting it up is not going to earn
respect, bacause anyone can do that. Does't matter if it
is a early corvette or a late model honda
I don't really care.....
In some ways It is easier to work on older cars
The tech has been around for a long time and it is
very simple campared to the newer stuff,
in other ways It is harder,
how many of imports ( bad choice of words,Mine were all born
in W Germany) have to go thru the process of jetting a carb?
That is a good 5 to 6 hr deal for us, I kind of envie being
able to plug in a laptop to a car and reprogram the fuel/air crurves
Don't get me wrong, I did that in my shop truck
2003 Dacota RT Chiped and reworked) and I love it
If I could do that with my dubs then I would, but it
is proh expesive to do a modern FI sys in a bug

sorry for the responce that turned in to a rant

point is
cars are cars are cars
and respect is earned through hard work
Look again at my sig
and think about what those words mean
It is not just a catchy saying

And guess what We were youngsters once as well

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif

Last edited by Spook; April 2nd at 09:16 PM.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #16
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
After reading the posts munchie and kerry made I looked over the thread and actually realised what it said...Car shows are social events, arent they?

Quote:
You know im slowly starting to see that as us "younger crowd" guys give all of the older cars and older guys the respect they deserve because yes they were the begennings of the scene we are apart of now..we do not get the same respect in return..why is that?...the so called younger generation has far surpassed the custom work of the 60s and 70s and done things w/ vehicles that were far fetched jokes when you were younger. I dont mean anyone disrespect here because im a lover of ALL vehicles im a die hard mini trucker, but I love what h20 has goin on and go to their meetings sometimes, and im an old hot rod lover as well, and I dont sit around griping about what shows up at a free cruise in...but I will say this however im gonna make a movement..to find another cruise in where fair respect will be given where it is due...if that is setting up our own cruise in for newer model vehicles than that is what we will do but there is no reason that there should be segregation in the local car scene and I seriously think its ridiculous. I guess I will get in contact with some of the local businesses that will be interested in sponsoring an event like this one..and this cruise in will go back to where it was before all of Fa Sho, alabama custom car and truck club and me and my group stared coming there which was very few people I know...not many comapanies will want to sponsor a low participation event
This is another reason why the car council will be a good idea. We can all meet and start getting something put together...whether it includes everyone or not...they will get on board eventually, and if they don't then they will just miss out. I'm still going to support the shows we have now. It doesn't bother me and I don't think it bothers anyone in my club, if it did I am sure they would have said something to me, but I see your point Kerry.
Old April 3rd   #17
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
it doesnt bother me one bit to show with older cars because I love them just as much as I love my truck for one thing I dont come to a cruise in to win anything and most of us younger guys sociallize because to us it is a "cruise in" we are there to have a good time and talk to our friends about cars ant trucks not to win a car show now dont get me wrong it is nice to pick up a trophy. But I guess what im trying to say is if it really bothers the older guys then maybe we need to start our own cruise in where we are not bothering anyone and we can hang out and enjoy eachothers company.
Old April 3rd   #18
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

Quote:
seeing as what i meant has been taken totally out of context . end of discussion for me
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #19
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
This is BS we ALL putter an tinker on our cars
Us 'elders' have just been doing it longer thats all

car guys are car guys

As an 'elder' I do have respect for the newer stuff.
so don't generlize.
As a builder I use it(new tech) where I can in my cars
(ie fully bagged 59 ragtop)
but for the most part I don't know how it works,
so guess what
Somebody has to teach me,
while all the pissing and moaning is going
I ain't learning anything.....
It is a 2 way street though
An 'elder' taught me how to lead
but if no one wants to be taught,
that skill will be lost when I am no longer
do the thing that I love....
building cars

BTW
picking parts out of a catalog
and bolting it up is not going to earn
respect, bacause anyone can do that. Does't matter if it
is a early corvette or a late model honda
I don't really care.....
In some ways It is easier to work on older cars
The tech has been around for a long time and it is
very simple campared to the newer stuff,
in other ways It is harder,
how many of imports ( bad choice of words,Mine were all born
in W Germany) have to go thru the process of jetting a carb?
That is a good 5 to 6 hr deal for us, I kind of envie being
able to plug in a laptop to a car and reprogram the fuel/air crurves
Don't get me wrong, I did that in my shop truck
2003 Dacota RT Chiped and reworked) and I love it
If I could do that with my dubs then I would, but it
is proh expesive to do a modern FI sys in a bug

sorry for the responce that turned in to a rant

point is
cars are cars are cars
and respect is earned through hard work
Look again at my sig
and think about what those words mean
It is not just a catchy saying

And guess what We were youngsters once as well

Spook what I said definitely was in no way directed towards you...I know you have respect for all vehicles and you are definitely an awesome builder...Im saying that the members of a lot of these older model car clubs and some of the "older generation of builder" are bias towards newer vehicles...you may not have seen it but I have in more than one instance..this is why we stopped goin to the cruise-in held in New Hope cause they would only pick their club vehicles as the tops of the show...even though there were many vehicles that should have scored higher on the judging...im not tryin to be an a*** about this...im saying that we are not gonna go where we are not wanted

Hoss we were just replying to the statement that was made by you..sometimes when you type something out one way it doesnt come out as you totally meant it I know...so if you feel that me and munchie took you out of context id ask you to please elaborate so we can better understand what you meant by it..there are no harsh feelings towards anyone...we just want a place where everyone can go to show off their ride, have a great time, meet new people and let the general public come see stuff they are not used to seeing and there is no haste between different era, and/or types of vehicles where everyone can get along...I do apologize if I made anyone mad..that is totally against what im about

Old April 3rd   #20
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

Good now that is cleared up

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote