Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old May 12th   #1
2WheelPilot
2WheelPilot
has no status.

Salvage yards

I need to get rid of a Villager minivan. It runs and drives, but barely, due to a bad fuel pump. If I paid to get it repaired, I doubt I'd break even. If I did it myself, I would probably break even, but I have too many other projects to spend that amount of time and effort on a "probably". So I'm considering taking it to a salvage yard.

So... what are the best salvage yards in the area? I'm in Madison, so one on the Madision side of Huntsville would be preferred.

My best bet might be donating it, and taking a tax writeoff, but I'd need to know what a salvage yard would be willing to pay for it first.

Thanks.
2WheelPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th   #2
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

R and J of 157 near ardmore or l miller also called TVR recycling drive the car in and have your title you get cash. Tuesday price was 7 dollars and 40 cents per 100 lbs lb. you best bet is in Harvest Johns auto repair on old rail road bed he buys junk cars. He has a roll back and cash. a good guy to trade with.. Last is LKQ on stringfield road they will low ball you on price and add charges for pick up. Good Luck it is not hard to sell a old car
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote