Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > In Memory Of...

In Memory Of... For all the enthusiasts we've known and loved that are no longer with us

Old September 26th   #1
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Bill McCorkle

In 1964 I had some trouble with my Jaguar XK 140 and Bill stopped to offer some aid. this was how I meet this amazing person. Bill was a leader in aero space and the defense dept. But what I recall him from the early days in huntsville. In the 60s we had blue laws where every thing was closed except Drug stores and service stations . Well Park way city and Montgomery Wards would let go kart racers have fun on Sundays. Bill had a twin engine cart and let it all hang out. He also raced sports cars at cortland and anywhere the local club could put on a event. He also raced at the Drag Strip off Burwell road. He also street raced a little Last he was a pilot. A lot of people had jobs because of Bill. If you want a good read check his obit.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post. Sounds like an amazing fellow that will be missed.

Link to his Huntsville Times obituary:
http://obits.al.com/obituaries/hunts...?pid=181570039

Last edited by Samir; October 3rd at 01:27 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote