Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 6th   #1
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Keep an eye out!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

Kepp an eye out on yours and your friends cars cause tonight while at the Parkway Place mall the Lincoln was caked. Someone though it would be funny to put cake on the passanger side of it. There was even a H2 with cake on it. If you see someone doing it knock the !@#$ out of them for me. I just wish I would have walked out while they were doin it cause JayMack would have had to bail me out. But at least I would have whopped some @$$ first.
Old April 6th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
Hey Everyone,

Kepp an eye out on yours and your friends cars cause tonight while at the Parkway Place mall the Lincoln was caked. Someone though it would be funny to put cake on the passanger side of it. There was even a H2 with cake on it. If you see someone doing it knock the !@#$ out of them for me. I just wish I would have walked out while they were doin it cause JayMack would have had to bail me out. But at least I would have whopped some @$$ first.
Actually...there is a new law...too bad it doesn't say anything about vandalism (from what I am aware of right now)

Here's the article from Governor Bob Riley's Web Site: www.governor.alabama.gov/

April 04, 2006

Governor Riley Signs Self-Defense Gun Law

Governor Bob Riley signs the self-defense bill into law at the State Capitol as legislators watch. From left to right: Sen. Bradley Byrne, Rep. Albert Hall, Rep. Mike Hubbard, Rep. Scott Beason, Sen. Gary Tanner and Sen. Larry Means.
Listen to the Governor's comments

MONTGOMERY – Governor Bob Riley signed into law legislation that gives law-abiding citizens greater legal safeguards if they use a firearm to protect themselves against people breaking into their homes or vehicles.

The measure removes language from current law that says a resident should not use deadly force during a break-in if he or she can "avoid using force with complete safety."

“With this new law, the decision of crime victims who choose to protect themselves and their families won’t be second-guessed,” said Governor Riley. “When you feel your life or your family is in danger from an intruder, you should be able to practice self-defense and not worry if a judge or court is going to penalize you.”

Similar legislation has recently been adopted in Florida, Indiana and South Dakota.

The legislation passed the Alabama Legislature overwhelmingly by a vote of 82-9 in the House and 30-2 in the Senate.
Old April 6th   #3
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Actually...there is a new law...too bad it doesn't say anything about vandalism (from what I am aware of right now)

Here's the article from Governor Bob Riley's Web Site: www.governor.alabama.gov/

April 04, 2006

Governor Riley Signs Self-Defense Gun Law

Governor Bob Riley signs the self-defense bill into law at the State Capitol as legislators watch. From left to right: Sen. Bradley Byrne, Rep. Albert Hall, Rep. Mike Hubbard, Rep. Scott Beason, Sen. Gary Tanner and Sen. Larry Means.
Listen to the Governor's comments

MONTGOMERY – Governor Bob Riley signed into law legislation that gives law-abiding citizens greater legal safeguards if they use a firearm to protect themselves against people breaking into their homes or vehicles.

The measure removes language from current law that says a resident should not use deadly force during a break-in if he or she can "avoid using force with complete safety."

“With this new law, the decision of crime victims who choose to protect themselves and their families won’t be second-guessed,” said Governor Riley. “When you feel your life or your family is in danger from an intruder, you should be able to practice self-defense and not worry if a judge or court is going to penalize you.”

Similar legislation has recently been adopted in Florida, Indiana and South Dakota.

The legislation passed the Alabama Legislature overwhelmingly by a vote of 82-9 in the House and 30-2 in the Senate.

<slides back hammer>....hmmm very interesting!

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

In the immortal words of Charlie Daniels: "Now, I’m the kind of man that wouldn’t harm a mouse
But if I catch somebody breaking in my house,
I’ve got a 12 gauge shotgun waiting on the other side.
So don’t go pushing me against my will,
I don’t want to have to fight you but I damn sure will.
If you don’t want trouble then you better just pass me on by."
This was the song that I quoted for my senior quote. I love and live by this song. Its Simple Man by Charlie Daniels
Old April 7th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

So exactly where and when did this happen? Is the mall security aware of the problem? That's one of the more upscale places in Huntsville, so the impact on business and legal actions could be substantial.

I've had my run in with issues like this and it's one of the few things that will truly make me angry enough to do something serious about it.
Old April 7th   #6
MANMAN
MANMAN
has no status.

Yea and watch out for a a - holes @ the track. Some one was nice enough to back into my car sat...
Old April 7th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANMAN
Yea and watch out for a a - holes @ the track. Some one was nice enough to back into my car sat...
That's more likely to happen there since there's not real marked parking or anything, but if that happenned at the mall it would make much more upset since there's stripes and security.
Old April 7th   #8
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

It was on the top level by the food court straight out at the wall. I didn't tell security but I probably should have, I was just so pissed I came straight home and had to wash the car.
Old April 12th   #9
xtremesaturn96
xtremesaturn96
has no status.

they have cameras throughout that place. ya might be able to got to the security office and they might be able to track back that far and see if they got it on tape.allways worth a shot

Last edited by xtremesaturn96; April 12th at 11:40 PM.
xtremesaturn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th   #10
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I went and told a security officer like 2 days later and he looked at me like what do you want me to do about it. So I walked off pretty pissed at him.
Old April 13th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I went and told a security officer like 2 days later and he looked at me like what do you want me to do about it. So I walked off pretty pissed at him.
Talk to the mall management office. If they don't want to do anything, talk to their parent company which operates both malls in Huntsville.
Old April 13th   #12
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Let me tell you. Security out at the malls is almost a redundant thing. They ride around in their cutesy little trucks with only 1 strobe light working, smoke their cigarettes and make sure no one steals the pavement. I have had more than 1 run in with a security offi...wait...they aren't officers... I've been harrassed by security at Madison Square so much that I placed a call informing them that the next time they hassle me in any way then there will be a harrassment suit filed against the security company, and the mall. Maybe they will think twice about harrassing customers with nice cars next time.

(A little background: they told me they would have a criminal trespassing warrant issued for my arrest if I came back on the property within a 6 month period of time a couple of years ago because I was parked in a parking place and I had 2 small store bought non-police strobes in my back window. The HPD officers that were made to fill out the report were joking and laughing at the security guy because he was out of line...I think he resents that because he's nothing but a rent a cop and we all used to call him Barney and so he looks for me every time I am out there).

Does anyone else see how rediculous that seems?

Last edited by JayMack75; April 13th at 10:57 AM.
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th   #13
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Let me tell you. Security out at the malls is almost a redundant thing. They ride around in their cutesy little trucks with only 1 strobe light working, smoke their cigarettes and make sure no one steals the pavement. I have had more than 1 run in with a security offi...wait...they aren't officers... I've been harrassed by security at Madison Square so much that I placed a call informing them that the next time they hassle me in any way then there will be a harrassment suit filed against the security company, and the mall. Maybe they will think twice about harrassing customers with nice cars next time.

(A little background: they told me they would have a criminal trespassing warrant issued for my arrest if I came back on the property within a 6 month period of time a couple of years ago because I was parked in a parking place and I had 2 small store bought non-police strobes in my back window. The HPD officers that were made to fill out the report were joking and laughing at the security guy because he was out of line...I think he resents that because he's nothing but a rent a cop and we all used to call him Barney and so he looks for me every time I am out there).

Does anyone else see how rediculous that seems?
I swear you give a man a flash light and a He thinks he runs the world
Old April 13th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If the security is that bad, the mall management definitely needs to know so they can change companies. I'd hate to see someone with a high dollar car get jacked before all this gets attention.
Old April 13th   #15
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Its not only that bad now, Samir. The event I referred to earlier happened in 1999...since then they have said something to me 2 times just for being there (before I went in to shop) and since they said something, I left and went else where.