Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

View Poll Results: What did you think about the Cafe 302 Show?
A. I thought this show was perfect. It went off without a hitch and I have no complaints whatsoever 2 22.22%
B. This was a good show, but I will post what I think ought to be different. 5 55.56%
C. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I'll post what I didn't like. 2 22.22%
D. This show was just plain awful. 0 0%
F. I'll never be back again. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 8th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Cafe 302 Show

Well here you go. Vent what you need to. Compliments are appreciated as well, I am sure. Tell what you thought about the Cafe 302 show this evening.
Old April 8th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
Well here you go. Vent what you need to. Compliments are appreciated as well, I am sure. Tell what you thought about the Cafe 302 show this evening.
It stopped me from being able to edit what I wanted to say so here goes in another post.

I thought it was a great show, and Gary said they would be rearranging some classes and he asked for several people's input to include the late model cars a little more...all in all this was a great show, we'll be back next month, and I'm sure there will be much better competition with a new classing system.
Old April 8th   #3
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
It is a good show, with a good location, but I think that the weather pursuaded(?) a bunch of people not to come. As well as many of the folks I know that usually attend such events had some Hail Damage to thier vehicles. In which to all of the people that did, I am very sorry for your recent mishaps. Hope all goes well with Insurance Claims, as well as those of you who do not have Full Coverage to get thier rides fixed with minimal cost. I will attend this event next month. Maybe even enter a few times this year, so that I can show all you folks what a REAL European car looks like!!!lol j\k I did not stick around for the judging, but congrats to whomever won.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th   #4
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
I thought it was a greet show accept for a minor mis-agreement and I think it should have been handled differently but all in all it was a good turnout and i had fun
Old April 9th   #5
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10on20s99
I thought it was a greet show accept for a minor mis-agreement and I think it should have been handled differently but all in all it was a good turnout and i had fun
I definetly think that people in general, should handle thier differences OFF OF THE SHOW FIELD. Not at a show, where people are trying to have a good time. But I understand that sometimes, a general convo can turn a little bitter. Just be sincable about things, and I think that the Convo in question, was handles properly by two people that are Mature enough and responsible enough to know where to draw the line! I have respect for both of the folks in text here, and hope that everything was worked out well.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

nothing more than just a tiny bit cool. kept some folks away probably. more new cars are coming on the scene this year
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th   #7
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
I definetly think that people in general, should handle thier differences OFF OF THE SHOW FIELD. Not at a show, where people are trying to have a good time. But I understand that sometimes, a general convo can turn a little bitter. Just be sincable about things, and I think that the Convo in question, was handles properly by two people that are Mature enough and responsible enough to know where to draw the line! I have respect for both of the folks in text here, and hope that everything was worked out well.
In reference to the disagreement...this isn't the place to discuss it either really. We've talked about it. I don't have anything else to say. If anyone else does then everyone knows how to get in touch with me. Let that be the last of it, because I'm putting it behind me.

Last edited by JayMack75; April 9th at 07:59 AM.
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th   #8
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Quote:
theres always a disagreement when people run there mouth to much.
baggedclips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th   #9
S10on20s99
S10on20s99
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to S10on20s99 Send a message via Yahoo to S10on20s99
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedclips
theres always a disagreement when people run there mouth to much.
And this is comeing from the Prez of a car club....oh look theres the source of the problem.
Old April 10th   #10
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

A more diverse class setup would be nice cause I don't see how you can put a mustang with lambo doors and rolled off a trailer up against cars that are driven most everyday. Not to say it wasn't a sweet ride but give us a break a "sponsered" car against stock rides is no contest.

I did have fun though and enjoy just meeting new people that have the same interest cars.

Way to go Dustin on your win in your class. It's amazing what a wheel change does.
Old April 10th   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
A more diverse class setup would be nice cause I don't see how you can put a mustang with lambo doors and rolled off a trailer up against cars that are driven most everyday. Not to say it wasn't a sweet ride but give us a break a "sponsered" car against stock rides is no contest.

I did have fun though and enjoy just meeting new people that have the same interest cars.

Way to go Dustin on your win in your class. It's amazing what a wheel change does.
Thats what I was talking about. He even mentioned that they were going to do some class changes especially since there were so many late models out there. I think this was one of the few times that late models outnumbered the oldies, but hopefully it keeps up.
Old April 10th   #12
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Quote:
And this is comeing from the Prez of a car club....oh look theres the source of the problem.
watch it boy
Old April 10th   #13
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

classes should be changed or added so that people will at least have a chance at placing
Old April 10th   #14
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I hope everthing goes as planned for them to get some good input on how to accomplish this.
Old April 10th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedclips
watch it boy
Both of you play nice and stay on topic.
Old April 11th   #16
xtremesaturn96
xtremesaturn96
has no status.

they should have more of a turnout once they add more classes, and the show will be a lot better at that.