Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 12th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Proper Car Show Etiquette

In a conversation at 302, this subject came up. People who have never been to shows don't really know the rules since they aren't exactly written anywhere.

From my experience, here's what I've gathered that they are:
  • Do not touch a car if it is not yours. On most of the cars, you will actually leave fingerprints that are visible. That's how clean these cars can be.
  • Do not sit in the vehicles or otherwise open doors/hoods/etc.
  • Watch items such as watches, rings and other jewelry when walking about vehicles or taking a closer look.
  • Do not take pictures with a woman beside a car without first asking permission. Many vehicles are owned by women or will get the husbands in trouble.
  • It is permissible to put literature or flyers in the seats of the car or trunk if the windows or trunk are open.
Did I miss any? Are these correct?
Old June 12th   #2
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

If you want a closer look, ask, most owners
are thrilled to show it off,
I have been know to
let well behaved kids sit in the car,

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Please do not let your children stand on any running boards, regardless if painted or not. They are not usually made to be stepped/jumped on.
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #4
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Pick Up Your Trash
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #5
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i`d say this fellow behaved quite well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
I have been know to
let well behaved kids sit in the car,
xxxx
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #6
intenseconcepts
intenseconcepts
has no status.

a few more:

-if a show car is pulling up, let the owner get parked and get out of the car before trying to talk to him/her. it can be annoying when people start coming up and getting in your way when you're trying to park.

-if you dont like a particular car, just keep walking. people don't bring their cars to shows to be criticized.

-if you have a sound system - it's alright to turn it up for a minute to show it off to somebody, but don't keep it playing loud for a long time. also, try to avoid playing music with a lot of offensive lyrics.
Old June 12th   #7
TheMustangSource
TheMustangSource
has no status.

Leave the show with dignity. If you have the loudest, fastest, baddest car there, there's no reason to prove it with two black stripes following you out.

If you didn't win, it's not because the people at the show were out to get you or think your car isn't a great specimen. Different shows have different rules for judging. Know what will and won't be judged. Just as not all cars were created equal, neither were all shows.
Old June 12th   #8
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
- Items that are in someone's vehicle are not yours. Keep your hands off of items, and certainly do not steal them.
- Also, if you wear your keys on your belt loop, make sure you have a proper distance between you and the vehicle you're walking past.
- Do not lean against any show vehicle. If you have jeans on, then they usually have rivets in them...they scratch paint.
- If you happen to see a spot on someone else's car...point it out to them...don't lick your finger and try to wipe it for them, or try to help them clean it unless you've been asked to help...some people are particular in the ways they polish their cars and what they use to polish them

I also heard at 302 someone say as I passed them "that car is just ugly...it don't have any reason to be out here" and it in fact was a very extinsively done show car. We all know what opinions are like...so keep your's to yourself...you "opinion"
Old June 12th   #9
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
1:Do not touch a car if it is not yours. On most of the cars, you will actually leave fingerprints that are visible. That's how clean these cars can be.
2:Do not sit in the vehicles or otherwise open doors/hoods/etc.
3:Watch items such as watches, rings and other jewelry when walking about vehicles or taking a closer look.
4:Do not take pictures with a woman beside a car without first asking permission. Many vehicles are owned by women or will get the husbands in trouble.
5:It is permissible to put literature or flyers in the seats of the car or trunk if the windows or trunk are open.
6:If you want a closer look, ask, most owners are thrilled to show it off.
7:If a show car is pulling up, let the owner get parked and get out of the car before trying to talk to him/her. it can be annoying when people start coming up and getting in your way when you're trying to park.
8:if you dont like a particular car, just keep walking. people don't bring their cars to shows to be criticized.
9:if you have a sound system - it's alright to turn it up for a minute to show it off to somebody, but don't keep it playing loud for a long time. also, try to avoid playing music with a lot of offensive lyrics.
10:Leave the show with dignity. If you have the loudest, fastest, baddest car there, there's no reason to prove it with two black stripes following you out.
11:Items that are in someone's vehicle are not yours. Keep your hands off of items, and certainly do not steal them.
12:Also, if you wear your keys on your belt loop, make sure you have a proper distance between you and the vehicle you're walking past.
13:Do not lean against any show vehicle. If you have jeans on, then they usually have rivets in them...they scratch paint.
14:If you happen to see a spot on someone else's car...point it out to them...don't lick your finger and try to wipe it for them, or try to help them clean it unless you've been asked to help...some people are particular in the ways they polish their cars and what they use to polish them.
15:If you have Video equipment, I.E. Screens, DVD players, etc.... Dont play any obseen videos that may not be sutible for a younger audience.
16:If there are many different clubs at a Show, and you may not like that particular club or some of the members of that club, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

15 and 16 are mine.lol Just thought I would bring all of them into a revised list.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri

Last edited by Samir; June 12th at 09:45 PM. Reason: fixed similies
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #10
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

leave your { 4 Legged} dogs at the house. They leave presents on the ground and decorate wheels and tires. Dogs dont belong at car shows period. Although if you take one of the little short legged long haired ones and shove a stick up its rear end, he can double as a car duster. dont forget take the stick out when you are done. now let the bashing begin. Although it been said KIDS. Children at car shows are fine with me. But their parents need to be trained. If your kids run wild you and the kid need to stay home. If I wanted cotton candy or coke on my car I would not have washed it. Dont spit your schol or chewing tabaco in my area. "Good Maners never go out of style"..Cars are like women if it aint yours dont touch it...I have more but I have more than likely made several folks very mad..... Bobby...
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429

just surround your cars with my soon to be pattended air inflatable ten foot high trophies and no one can get near your ride
Old June 12th   #12
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
Although if you take one of the little short legged long haired ones and shove a stick up its rear end, he can double as a car duster. dont forget take the stick out when you are done. ...
thats great stuff . i`m headed to the sonic bike thing in hazel green for a pass thru.

Last edited by HOSS429; June 12th at 06:12 PM.
Old June 12th   #13
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
most importantly...

watch your toes its going to the ground

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #14
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
most importantly...

I learned this one the hard way.
Old June 12th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
most importantly...

For those out there that don't get this--they're talking about dropping a vehicle on air bags to the ground. We now return you to the thread.

Last edited by Samir; June 12th at 09:49 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #16
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

haha samir you always got a comment for a good laugh...sorry I guess I should be more specific or add a readers digest version to the comical parts of my posts lol

Old June 12th   #17
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

might I add that if you have beef w/ someone whether it be from another car club or just a single person...take that crap somewhere else!!!...noone comes to a show to listen to 2 people bicker over someones x-girlfriend who is probly ugly anyway or to listen to your excuses why you missed 3rd gear in your 89 integra and thats the only reason you lost the race...lol

also dont just be close minded to everyone...not everyone that comes to a show knows exactly what all the mods to your ride is or what they do...yes im guilty of this one getting the typical "is that hydraulics?" response and gettin angry or laughing about it..if they are not "in the know" about something take the time to teach them something...it might be your explanation to them that inspires them to build something of their own

Last edited by Nevr2loS10; June 12th at 10:30 PM.
Old June 12th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
also dont just be close minded to everyone...not everyone that comes to a show knows exactly what all the mods to your ride is or what they do...it might be your explanation to them that inspires them to build something of their own
Very well said.
Old June 13th   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
might I add that if you have beef w/ someone whether it be from another car club or just a single person...take that crap somewhere else!!!...noone comes to a show to listen to 2 people bicker over someones x-girlfriend who is probly ugly anyway or to listen to your excuses why you missed 3rd gear in your 89 integra and thats the only reason you lost the race...lol

also dont just be close minded to everyone...not everyone that comes to a show knows exactly what all the mods to your ride is or what they do...yes im guilty of this one getting the typical "is that hydraulics?" response and gettin angry or laughing about it..if they are not "in the know" about something take the time to teach them something...it might be your explanation to them that inspires them to build something of their own
Well said...also I have gotten used to the "are your tires supposed to do that?" "is your axle broken?" "what happened to your wheels?" "do they straighten up when you drive?" questions...they are a little funny, but I laugh to myself and try to explain as well as i can.
Old June 13th   #20
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

yeah good stuff....I herd this one at hardees in reference to my truck.."Youd think with all the money in that truck he would be able to afford an alignment...his camber is off real bad..how redneck"...LMAO! that was funny